My last floral arrangement with autumn flowers and foliage: Hydrangea, Dahlia, Veronica, Callicarpa.
My flower book (25): Lady Diana September 5, 2010
Following my last arrangement for Chanel, the composition of today has been created for another famous lady: the Princess Diana.
Yes it’s also a topic from my flower school’s homeworks. It’s about a sympathy arrangement to be placed in front of the statue of Pont de l’Alma, in Paris, where Lady Diana had her car accident and passed away.
I choosed Automn flowers and fruits to make a seasonal composition with chearful colors, instead of a conventional sad arrangement for this kind of occasions.
Flowers used in this arrangements are:
– Chrysanthemum: Chrysanthemum/Chrysanthème/菊花
– Gerbera: Gerbera/Gerbera/非洲菊
– Hydrangea: Hortensia/Hydrangea/八仙花,绣球
– Hypericum: Hypericum/Millepertuis/金丝桃,黄海棠
– Amaranthus: Amaranthe/Joseph’s-coat/尾穗苋
– Rubus: Blackberry/Mûre/复盆子
– Kniphofia: Torch Lily/Faux aloès/火炬百合
– Nigella: Love in a Mist/Nigelles de Damas/黑种草
My Flower Book (16) : Merry Christmas December 21, 2009
Christmas is coming !
Although the sunflower does not blossom in winter, its bright yellow color is so gay to warm the cold winter and to decorate the holidays, I chose it for my Christmas decoration this week. The sequined foliage is perfect to give more Christmas atmosphere…
Besides the small Christmas tree, I arranged a another bouquet with floral foam. Red and green are Christmas’s colors too.
Merry Christmas !
On the left :
– Helianthus annuus: Sunflower / Tournesol / 向日葵
– Foliage / feuillage / 绿叶
On the right :
– Abies: Fir tree / Sapin / 冷杉
– Dianthus: Carnation / Oeillet / 康乃馨
My flower book (3) : gift basket June 21, 2009
I arranged this basket of flowers for the dinner of a friend. He was invited by his Chinese professor. That is why I’ve chosen Peony as the principal flower in this bouquet. Peony is the symbole of wealth and power in China, and is also China’s national flower.
I’ve put floral foam blocs in the basket and have plunged flowers in the moss. Normally if we water the blocs everyday, the flowers and last at least one week, like in a vase.
In this bouquet :
– Paeonia : Peony / Pivoine / 牡丹
– Ranunculus : Ranunculus / Renoncule / 毛莨
– Viburnum : Snowball / Boule de neige, Viorne / 木绣球, 绣球荚迷
– Foliage / Feuillage / 绿叶
For those who are interested in making floral arrangements at home, I think it would be useful to compute the price of this creation (I’m in Paris and I bought the flowers in early May at a florist’s in the 16th arrondissement, which is rather expensive)
– Flowers: 70 €
– Basket: 15 €
– Floral foam: 5 €